In Chris’s latest video, he gives tips on how to show instead of tell in your writing. He explains why showing is helpful in writing and gives a few examples on how telling can be replaced with showing. Check out the video below to get Chris’s tips and improve your writing!
The second book in the Magitech Chronicles series has been released on Amazon! Continue the story into the Umbral Depths and discover the secrets to Aran’s past!
If you haven’t read the first book in the series, Tech Mage, Chris has put it on sale for only 99 cents for the next few days. Get Tech Mage now on Amazon!
A Suicidal Quest Into the Umbral Depths
Major Voria stands ready to accept the cost for her actions at Marid. Stripped of command and resources, Voria must find a ship and rally a crew. Somewhere within the Umbral Depths lays a hidden world, a world that the dead god Marid intended her to find.
Aran faces a choice. Halt his war mage training, and in the process give up clues to his past, or abandon Voria. Aran sacrifices everything to follow Voria on a suicidal quest into the one place where even gods fear to tread.
On a bleak world in the deepest darkness lays an object of enormous power, one that could turn the tide of the war against Krox. But Voria isn’t the only one seeking the weapon. The great Void Wyrm Khalahk has vowed to hunt Voria, and will see her dead even if it means following her into the Umbral Depths themselves.
All while the dreadlord Nebiat makes herself at home on Shaya, binding the souls of its leaders.
Read Void Wyrm now on Amazon!
In today’s video, Chris gets personal about the challenges he faces as an author. He discusses depression, how it is affected by working from home, and some tips to deal with the stress and difficulty of being an author. Watch the video below for more details:
Chris was recently interviewed by author Tim Knox on Tim’s YouTube Channel. In the interview, Chris talks about his writing business, how he consistently outputs 7,000 words a day, how he writes to market, and more. Check out the interview below:
Subscribe to Tim’s YouTube Channel
The topic of today’s video is audiobooks. Chris talks about selling audiobooks via Audible. His focus in this video is how to achieve a successful launch on Audible and how he did that with Tech Mage. Curious how to do this and what it can do for your book? Watch the video below for more details!
This week Chris was interviewed on the Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast about the launch of his newest novel, Tech Mage.
Here’s some of what we covered:
- What made Chris, the Write to Market guy, decide to take on a new cross-genre series that he wasn’t positive would sell well.
- How you choose what to emphasize on the cover when your novel crosses multiple genres and could fit in a number of categories.
- How Chris quietly put up a pre-order without mentioning it to fans, then used Facebook ads to see which ads and tag lines on the product page resulted in the highest conversion.
- Choosing different audiences to target (via Facebook ads) for subsequent launches in a cross-genre series.
- Whether anything different needs to be done with a launch for a book that spans multiple genres and isn’t necessarily written to market.
- Advice for newer authors who don’t have a list already built that they can rely upon for early sales.
- Keeping cover design simple, and whether it matters if you have a specific scene from the book illustrated for it.
- For the first time, Chris registered a domain name and put up a lot of bonus content for his new series: https://www.magitechchronicles.com/
- Why Chris plans to write ten books in this series rather than sticking to trilogies or smaller series as he’s often done in the past.
- Who should consider relaunching a series.
- Why Chris likes omnibuses as a way to kickstart a flagging series without redoing covers on all the original books.
Watch the podcast below or on the Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast website:
Chris was at the 20 Book Vegas writer’s conference last week, during which he gave a talk on how to get Amazon to promote your self published book. His focus was primarily on the following four features of books on Amazon: the cover, the title, the tagline, and the blurb. He discusses how to make these stand out, and takes a look at a few books from members of the audience and how to improve them.
Thanks to Louie Carr for recording, you can watch Chris’s talk, as well as the talks of other presenters at the conference on YouTube.
In this week’s video, Chris talks about a book that every author should read, Line by Line. Line by Line teaches writers how to edit their own writing. To hear Chris’s thoughts on it, check out the video below:
In today’s video, Chris talks about re-examining your author checklist and really making sure that you spend enough time on each item. If you take your time to complete your tasks well, you’ll make more progress than rushing through the steps. Watch the video below for more details from Chris:
The first book in the Magitech Chronicles, Tech Mage, has been released on Audible!
Enslaved and Forced to Fight Dragons
Aran awakens in chains with no memory. He’s conscripted into the Confederate Marines as a Tech Mage, given a spellrifle, then hurled into the war with the draconic Krox and their Void Wyrm masters.
Desperate to escape, Aran struggles to master his abilities, while surviving the Krox onslaught. Fighting alongside him are a Major who will do anything to win, a Captain who will stop at nothing to see him dead, and a woman whose past is as blank as his own.
Caught between survival and loyalty Aran must choose. If he flees he will live, but the Krox will burn the galaxy. Stopping them requires a price Aran may be unable to pay:
Learning to trust the very people who enslaved him.
Listen now on Audible!