Chris was recently interviewed at SWRT about plotting science fiction stories. Highlights include:
- How important is the science to science fiction?
- Does the science need to be integral to the plot?
- Conventions in sub-genre’s of science fiction.
- What are reader expectations for characters and subplots?
- More conventions of other sub-genres.
- How can you break with conventions?
- How you can use naming conventions and the familiar mixed with the unfamiliar in order to make things accessible to the reader.
- Sub-genre: earth destruction.
- Are there any genre’s that you shouldn’t mash up with science fiction?
- Is retro trending in literature as well as film?
Watch the video here!
Story Works Round Table #13: Plotting Science Fiction with Chris Fox