Have you struggled with how to find beta readers that will actually read your books and provide useful feedback? In this Quick Tips video, Chris gives some tips on how to find these readers to help you improve your books before publishing. Check out the video below for details!
Sign up to the YouTube mailing list to get the Scrivener documents used in the videos and more!
In this Write to Market video, Chris discusses the #1 mistake authors make when writing to market. The quick version? The authors that are succeeding at writing to market approach it like a chef, mixing familiar ingredients together in new and interesting ways. The authors who are struggling are often approaching it like line order cooks, reproducing the same recipe over and over. Watch the video for more details!
Sign up for the YouTube mailing list to get Scrivener documents used in the videos and more!
Chris recently appeared on the Just Add Hustle podcast. He shares his story and recipe for writing productivity.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Chris Fox went from broke, overweight and depressed to successful, full-time writer.
- The belief change Chris used to transform his life.
- The writing system Chris uses to regularly crank out 3,600 to 5,000+ words per hour (imagine writing that many words in a single sitting!).
- How to make time for your writing even when you feel like you don’t have a minute to spare.
- And more!
Listen to the podcast now!
In today’s video, Chris talks about some methods you can use to create your own fictional language (or way of speaking), discussing things like word patterns, suffixes, sounds, etc. He gives some great examples using existing languages as well as speech patterns and accents in his own writing. Check out the video below for more!
For those of you who have been waiting, the audiobook for Press the Line, book 3 in the Ganog Wars series, has been released on Audible.
Imperalis has been lost. The Nameless Ones have returned. The Coalition refuses to fight, leaving the Ganog to wage a war they cannot win.
Betrayed and cut off, Khar and Zakanna struggle to survive. Nolan and Burke bring Alpha Company to reinforce the Nyar home world, only to be overwhelmed by the mighty Void Wraith Omegas. Fizgig and Takkar are captured by the sadistic Kthul fleet leader, Azatok.
Only one guttering flame of hope remains. On Nyar, Nolan finds an ancient Void Wraith Omega, weathered and damaged. If he can restore it, they might just have a weapon strong enough to fight back.
Listen now on Audible!
Chris’s worldbuilding video this week discusses magic systems. He asks a series of questions that can help you determine how your magic system works. Using common examples like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, he explains how the answers to these basic questions can affect things like how many magic users there are, how magic is used, and more. Check out the video for more details!
Chris was recently interviewed at SWRT about plotting science fiction stories. Highlights include:
- How important is the science to science fiction?
- Does the science need to be integral to the plot?
- Conventions in sub-genre’s of science fiction.
- What are reader expectations for characters and subplots?
- More conventions of other sub-genres.
- How can you break with conventions?
- How you can use naming conventions and the familiar mixed with the unfamiliar in order to make things accessible to the reader.
- Sub-genre: earth destruction.
- Are there any genre’s that you shouldn’t mash up with science fiction?
- Is retro trending in literature as well as film?
Watch the video here!
Relaunch Your Novel, the latest in the Write Faster, Write Smarter Series, has been released on Audible. Learn how to breathe life into your backlist in this book for writers!
Listen now on Audible!
In this week’s video, Chris discusses the importance of travel and communication in storytelling. He talks about how these aspects influence his own world building and walks through the creation of something he created for his upcoming novel, Tech Mage, called the Umbral Depths. Sound cool? Check out more information in the video below!
In today’s video, Chris begins a world building video series, starting with how to create names for your characters that readers will like. More specifically, he gives some tips about what to avoid and some easy techniques to use when naming your characters. Check out the video below for more details!