The Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast recently interviewed Chris Fox. Highlights included:
- What Chris has been up to since finishing his Void Wraith Trilogy, the military SF he wrote to market last year, and how it ended up doing overall.
- Why he’s writing a trilogy in 12 weeks and planning to release the books in rapid succession.
- Some of the benefits of writing more than the first novel in a series before publishing any of them.
- The importance of taking time off and taking time for passion projects.
- Strategies for launching into crowded niches.
- Whether Chris will do 99 cents for his launch of Book 1.
- Using Facebook and Amazon ads to find a target audience and whether they’re proving effective (and affordable) right now.
- Why it’s worthwhile to think about your character names instead of just throwing things out there.
- Accountability tricks for sticking to one’s goals.
- Launching a novel when you haven’t built up a list yet.
- Why you might not want to tell everyone you know about your new novel — the confusing effect that can have on Amazon’s algorithms.
- Relaunching a novel or series that didn’t do well out of the blocks.
Listen to the full interview on the Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast!
Science Fiction & Fantasy Marketing Podcast #127 Featuring Chris Fox